This delicious and flavoursome saag aloo recipe is a classic Indian dish that is so simple to make and is the perfect side dish to accompany a bowl full of spicy curry and a large slice of freshly made Naan bread.
Seasoned with black mustard seeds, grated ginger and turmeric, this saag aloo recipe makes a delicious side dish for any curry.
Packed with the wholesome goodness of spinach and potatoes and plenty of flavour from the garlic, chilli and spices, it’s the perfect side for a fabulous Friday night curry!
This mouth-watering dish is super easy to make at home using handful of ingredients but plenty of spices. This dish will take 40 mins to prepare and cook in total and is well for the wait. Pair our classic saag aloo with another traditional Indian side like our bombay potatoes or pilau rice and enjoy!
Love a good curry? We’ve got loads more Indian recipes right here!
- 2tbsps ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 level teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 level teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 level teaspoon turmeric
- 500g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 200-250g bag spinach leaves, washed