Sea bass with squash and stir-fry
This sea bass with squash and stir-fry uses one of our favourite fish, simply and deliciously cooked.
Sea bass is such a great fish to be able to cook. Because of its mild flavour and meaty texture, it’s popular even with people who aren’t particularly keen on ‘fishy’ fish. Don’t be daunted by cooking it: we’ve made it so simple here. You don’t even need to defrost it before you start – you can fry the fillets direct from frozen. In fact, almost everything in this recipe can be bought and used from frozen – so quick and easy. Frozen fish is cheaper to buy and just as tasty as chilled – possibly even more so because it’s frozen at the peak of freshness.
If you're not a fan of butternut squash you can swap it for mashed potato or sweet potato instead. Adjust the calories accordingly.
You might also like…400 calorie mealsHealthy fish recipesLow calorie meals
- 250g (8oz) frozen butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 220g pack of 2 frozen sea bass fillets
- 150g (5oz) frozen cauliflower florets
- 125g (4oz) frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped basil (we used Birds Eye)