The perfect way to use up leftover pumpkin, these sweet pumpkin muffins take just 30 minutes to bake.
Just like our pumpkin cupcakes, these pumpkin muffins are packed with pumpkin, making them extra moist. These muffins are also flavoured with other ingredients such as Cheddar, chives, and pumpkin seeds. The perfect packed lunch treat.
This recipe would work just as well with butternut squash. You could also try adding nuts to the mixture including walnuts and almond, which would pair perfectly with the sweetness of the pumpkin.
Find out more about how to use leftover pumpkin with our handy guide.
You might also like…Blueberry muffinsBanana muffinsChocolate muffins
- 275g (10oz) plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 85g (3oz) light spreadable butter, melted
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 100g (3½ oz) reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese
- 275g (10oz) peeled and grated pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 2 eggs
- 175ml (6floz) semi- skimmed milk
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds