It’s the warming touch of ginger coupled with a sweet sprinkling of cinnamon that makes these spiced cookies so irresistible.
Make 20 spiced cookies with this simple recipe. After making the mixture, you want to let it rest for half an hour to really allow these spices to infuse together. Then simply roll out, bake and tuck into these tasty treats when slightly cool. The festive seasonal spices make this recipe a must-make around Christmas. We suggest using Christmas-themed cookie cutters for an extra kitsch finish if you have them to hand.
You could give these as a tasty tree-hanging gift at Christmas. Thread ribbon through a make-shift hole in the biscuits. Wrap in cellophane and gift away.
You might also like...Sugar cookiesPeanut butter cookiesSnickerdoodles
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 30g (1oz) unsalted butter
- 60g (2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 250g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2-4 tbsp juice
- 60g (2oz) ground almonds
- 1 large egg
- To decorate:
- 50g (5oz) icing sugar, sieved
- Silver balls
- Parchment paper and baking sheets
- 5cm (2in) biscuit cutters
- Small plain piping nozzle
- Paper piping bag