Cheese and chive soda bread
We're certain this cheese and chive soda bread will soon become a regular bake of yours as it's easy and delicious.
Our cheese and chive soda bread can be enjoyed straight from the oven and is best served with a bowl of soup or just slathered with salted butter. This cheese and chive soda bread looks impressive but it’s ready in three easy steps with no proving time and minimal kneading required.
The difference here from a regular loaf is that soda bread uses bicarbonate of soda, as opposed to yeast, as the raising agent. So just like when it’s used in cakes it doesn’t require time proving in order to activate.
Classic soda breadGuinness soda breadMarmite and cheese tear and share soda bread
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 80ml Guinness or another stout
- 230g plain flour
- 100g plain wholemeal flour
- 1/4tsp sea salt
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp pumpkin seeds, plus extra for the top
- A handful of chives, snipped into cm lengths
- 60g leftover cheese, grated or crumbled we used a mixture of Colston Bassett and Cheddar