Redcurrant iced fairy cakes
It takes just 15 minutes to bake these deliciously sweet redcurrant iced fairy cakes. The soft sponges are made with light muscovado sugar and wholemeal self-raising flour.
These redcurrant iced fairy cakes look beautiful – and there’s not a hint of food colouring in sight. Fresh redcurrants and unrefined icing sugar is all it takes to make this vibrant pink coloured icing. Top with more redcurrants.
Swap the redcurrants for strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries to make the icing.
You might also like… Mary Berry’s fairy cakesChocolate fairy cakesLemon fairy cakes
- For the fairy cakes:
- 125g(5oz) butter, at room temperature
- 125g (5oz) Light Muscovado sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g (5oz) wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- For the icing:
- 100g (4oz) redcurrants
- 300g (12oz) Golden Icing sugar
- 12 sprigs of 2-3 redcurrants