Banana cake with caramel drizzle
This banana cake with caramel sauce will give your classic banana cake recipe a modern twist that everyone will love. The caramel drizzle adds a real depth of flavour to your sponge that works wonders with the sweet, moist banana along with the soft cream cheese filling and topping. Finish your banana cake with toasted pecans to make it even more special and you can even store it in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Because this cake serves 8-10 people, it’s the perfect for a birthday or a decadent afternoon tea.
You might also like...
Classic banana cake recipeBanana and chocolate chip cookies Mary Berry's lemon drizzle cake
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g dark muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g self-raising flour
- 275g over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g pecans, chopped plus around 14 whole pecans toasted for the topping
- For the filling
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 40g light brown soft sugar
- 3tbsp caramel sauce