Halloween fairy cakes
Spider’s webs, monsters, and vampires – make these Halloween fairy cakes as scary as you dare using writing icing and sweets.
These Halloween fairy cakes are the ideal cakes to make with kids. Let them have fun this Halloween with ready-to-use icing, writing icing, mini marshmallows, and more. Get creative with your designs, from spooky spiders to ghoulish ghosts and maybe even some gruesome details with lots of red food colouring. This recipe makes 12 Halloween fairy cakes.
Use a metal spoon rather than a wooden spoon (which retains moisture) to mix cake ingredients together at the end. Cut and fold the mixture with your metal spoon to keep the air in your mixture. Never beat at this stage.
You might also like…Halloween cupcake recipesHalloween recipesMary Berry’s fairy cakes
- For the fairy cakes:
- 110g (4oz) butter or margarine, softened
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 110g (4oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- 15g cocoa powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- For the decoration:
- Ready-to-use fairy cake icing in white and yellow (like Dr. Oetker Ready to Use Fairy Cake Icing)
- Writing icing in various colours (we used black, red and green)
- Mini, mini marshmallows
- Chocolate stars
- You'll also need:
- 12-hole fairy cake baking tray
- 12 fairy cake cases