Christmas fairy cakes
These rich Christmas fairy cakes are made with dark muscovado sugar and infused with mixed spices such as cinnamon and ginger.
With a drizzle of dark rum, a sprinkling of ground almonds, and the zest and juice of one orange, you’ve got yourself one mouth-watering, flavour-packed batch of fairy cakes. Decorate with holly sprigs.
These Christmas fairy cakes will keep in an airtight container for up to three weeks without the icing. This makes them the perfect homemade food gift for friends and family at Christmas time.
You might also like…Christmas cupcakesChristmas cake ideasMary Berry’s fairy cakes
- 200g dark muscovado sugar
- 175g butter, chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 85g ground almonds
- 100ml dark rum / brandy / orange juice
- 750g mixed dried fruit of your choice (e.g. raisins, glace cherries, apricots)
- 85g nuts (we used chopped pecans) 500g pack fondant icing sugar
- Holly sprigs to decorate