Jamie Oliver's spicy tomato soup
Jamie Oliver has created the perfect update on the humble tomato soup - giving it a little kick!
Jamie understands the pressures to cook a quick mid-week family meal, so has used a shortcut that makes this tomato soup easy to make and on the table quickly. Instead of reducing the tomatoes from scratch, he suggests using a pasta sauce – ready in under 30 minutes! An easy spicy tomato soup! Serve this spicy tomato soup with a chunk of white loaf (obviously covered in butter) and some fresh chillis to top it off – maybe hold those back from the kid’s portions though!
- 1 jar of tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- A bunch of fresh coriander; leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 750g ripe tomatoes
- 1 ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4tbsp crème fraiche